What is PURCHASE OF TRAINING EQUIPMENT AND SETTING UP OF TRAINING ROOM SCHEME (ALAT)?
The objectives of the HRDC ALAT scheme are:
1. To encourage more in-house retraining and skills upgrading of their employees by purchasing of training aids for the purpose of setting up, renovating or enhancing training rooms.
2. Setting up of a training room does not include the construction of a building, training centre or the rental of training rooms.
What can an employer purchase under this ALAT scheme?
Training equipment and aids:
- Television set
- VCR (Video Cassette Recorders)
- VCD (Video Compact Disc) Player or DVD (Digital Video Disc) Player
- Overhead Projector, Multimedia
- LCD and Direct Projector
- Screen and white board
- Training tape and video
- Training Video Compact Disc
- Chairs and tables for training room only
- Flip Chart Stand
- Notebook (once in 2 years)
Can employers purchase laptops under this ALAT scheme?
Yes, employers are able to purchase laptops for training purposes under the HRDCorp ALAT scheme with the supporting documents to indicate the number of training rooms, internal trainer profile and LCD projector.
How can Elev8 Asia help employers in purchasing laptops?
Elev8 Asia is an HRDC registered training provider, we are collaborating with Smart Rental to provide enterprise-grade laptops inclusive of cyber security, after-sales support and insurance coverage.
What is the maximum limit for an employer to purchase under the ALAT scheme?
The maximum of devices an employer to purchase is limited to a maximum of 30% of the levy balance as of 1st January in the year the application is submitted.
What are the steps to apply for the ALAT scheme?
Contact us and our training consultant will assist you in the detailed steps of how to submit the ALAT scheme in eTris, the submission by employers MUST be submitted before the purchase of equipment.
I have no idea how to plan the equipment for my training room.
Don’t worry, contact us and our training consultant will assist you with the training equipment planning.
I never claim my HRDC levy, is that ok to just leave it there?
Employers’ Circular No. 7/2019 stated that levy contributed for two (2) years would be forfeited when no claims are made within two years (24 months).
What should I do if I’m interested in claiming my HRDC levy?
- Speak to our training consultant (Click here).
- We will assist in planning your training equipment or other training needs.
- We will prepare a customized proposal for you.